Congratulations on your engagement! When its time to start your Wedding Dress search, its a good idea to know what to expect. Here are a few of the most frequently asked questions to help you get prepared for your appointment.
Q: What kind of undergarments should I wear?
A: Any kind of regular underwear that you feel comfortable wearing and a strapless bra would be good (if available). Some women feel better with a control type of underwear like Spanx.
Q: How many people can I bring?
A: Although we are a small boutique with limited space and seating, we dont want anyone to feel left out. We have accommodated 8 guests but would prefer to keep it around 3-5. The choice is yours but just remember, the more people the more opinions.
Q: Are all the dresses showing in your "In Stock" dress gallery really at the store?
A: Yes! All the dresses are here in the store and more! Some of our in stock dresses are not showing online.
Q: Do I need to bring shoes?
A: If you want but its not necessary. There are shoes here with different heights to choose from.
Q: Do I need to book an appointment or can I just walk in?
A: Appointments are not necessary but are preferred. If you drop in while an appointment is in progress, there might not be a change room available. Booking a time guarantees a change room and the proper attention you deserve.
Q: How much time do you allow for appointments?
A: We allow 2 hours between appointments for Bridal and 1 hour for Mothers and Prom.
Q: What is the price range of your dresses?
A: We offer a wide range of prices to fit any budget. Buy-Off-The-Rack/Discontinued dresses start as low as $99.00. Orderable dresses range from $700-$3500.
Q: How long does it take to order a dress?
A: Dresses take anywhere from 3-6 months to arrive depending on the designer.
Q: When should I start shopping for a dress?
A: We like to suggest you start shopping for your dress 10 - 12 months before the wedding and have it ordered by 8 - 10 months.
Q: Any tips you would like to give me?
A: Yes! Of course! :)
1) Do some research. Look at the different styles online to get a feel for what you are liking to show your consultant.
2) Check out our "In Stock Wedding Dresses" tab and copy pictures of the ones you would like to try on.
3) If you have long hair, wear it up. Trying on dresses with detailed backs, zippers, buttons, etc. can get tangled with your hair.
4) Use unscented deodorant if possible. And, yes, please use deodorant!
5) Be open to trying on different shapes and styles of dresses.
6) Never judge a dress on the hanger! You are more likely to leave with a completely different dress than what you originally thought you wanted.
7) Avoid the "Just Try It" dress if its not in your price range. Trying on dresses outside your budget can lead to heartbreak and confusion.
Q: What do I do if I cant make my appointment?
A: No problem, just call (519-927-5177) email ([email protected]) or text (519-307-3377) the store to let us know. We only offer 1 appointment at a time. Not showing up without informing us leaves an opening that could be filled by another customer.
Q: Is there anything I need to do for the appointment?
A: Not really. Just come as you are and enjoy the moment. Its a special time in a girls life and while some have been dreaming of dress shopping since they were little girls, others would rather be doing something else. We offer a stress free, easy going environment.
Its an exciting time! Remember to enjoy it.